I slept 30 hrs this week!!!

[Sh...]

I’m not doing this to rub it in to those who are struggling but this for me is a miracle. 30 hrs is unbelievable and I’m coming from zero weeks…. 7 hr weeks, and averaging 14-18 for over a year, and that’s only since I jumped. Before that was just as bad plus I had interdose wd stuff happening.

Time is all that helps. And a truckload of determination.

I believe today. ❤️ So greatful for it.

Shay,

That is fantastic. Most people without Benzo-induced insomnia, would be mortified with 30 hours in one week.  That's just under 4.5 hours per night.  You are amazing!  Hoping and praying that number continues to climb so you get back to 45 to 50 hours or more per week.

Your positive attitude, gratefulness and sheer will and determination are paying off.  Keep up the great work!  :thumbsup:

Thanku Kate kanoba and the way!!!!!

I know the number still isn’t great but to me it may as well be 50 hrs! 😎 I feel so good most days so I know I’m getting better. I don’t take it for granted tho, I work really hard daily to maintain it with heaps of excercise good food and my relaxing night routine. I love my bed now and look forward to going to sleep. I’ll never take it for granted again.

I actually had a nightmare last night my symptoms were coming back. I was trying not to get upset about it but it sure was hard. Then I woke up and was like… thank god 🙏🏼 Just a dream.

Wishing everyone else struggling some zzzs. ❤️

So very happy for you! What a long way you have come! That's awesome! I am probably averaging about 35 to 40 in 7 days. That's way up from this time last year when it was about 20 to 22 hours in 7 days.

It takes time! But eventually healing happens! I can't express how happy I am for you! I feel a ton better too wiht just 4 to 5 hours a night. More is better but over 4 is awesome!

Thanku both x wow heartmost that’s amazing I remember when U were really struggling x Lily Ann U can say that again. I honestly was starting to wonder if that was it and I’d be stuck like that forever.

The last few nights have been even better… 6 hours for 2 nights in a row!that never happens to me. Gosh I feel like a different person.

Still no slouching. Time to get up and get moving. I didn’t wake up til 7am and that is sooo late for me.

Shayna, that's awesome, I'm glad to hear you're seeing some improvement! 

HM, I'm glad you're doing ok too!

Great to hear of your progress!  So happy for you.  You have been a help to so many and it is great to see this play back to you in a positive way.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to check and see how you are doing, Shayna (and all).

I am about the same as when I posted last on this thread; about 35-ish hours a week. So, so much better than the 20 hours a week I was getting a few months back. Gosh....

Long road back, isn't it? I am hoping in another 6 months to year, I will get 8 hours regularly. I have had about 5 to 7 eight-hour nights since I started my taper last year. It isn't common yet, unfortunately. A couple times, I had an 8-hour night followed by a 0-hour night. Talk about all over the map! Heal, brain, heal! Get better!

Hey hm x yeah I’m the same, I had 1 33hr week but that’s the most so far. Wow an 8 hr night! That’s amazing. I haven’t had one of them in over 4 years since all this started. But I’ve had a 6.5 and that was awesome.

It’s so slow. I haven’t had a zero in a couple or months and I am so greatful honestly. I had 3 hrs last night and I still said to myself oh well it wasn’t a zero! They are horrendous especially if u have a run of them.

Sometimes I think I might just call it and write a success story, but I feel like if I do that then I’ll have a setback of something. But most days are 90 percent now. I think if I was getting 6/7 hrs a night my other issues would end.

I hope in 6 months this will be over for us both.

To everyone else hm and I were in a bad spot with insomnia and I mean really bad, and now we’re doing better. U will get to this point too some wonderful day x don’t give up x

Hey hm x yeah I’m the same, I had 1 33hr week but that’s the most so far. Wow an 8 hr night! That’s amazing. I haven’t had one of them in over 4 years since all this started. But I’ve had a 6.5 and that was awesome.

It’s so slow. I haven’t had a zero in a couple or months and I am so greatful honestly. I had 3 hrs last night and I still said to myself oh well it wasn’t a zero! They are horrendous especially if u have a run of them.

Sometimes I think I might just call it and write a success story, but I feel like if I do that then I’ll have a setback of something. But most days are 90 percent now. I think if I was getting 6/7 hrs a night my other issues would end.

I hope in 6 months this will be over for us both.

To everyone else hm and I were in a bad spot with insomnia and I mean really bad, and now we’re doing better. U will get to this point too some wonderful day x don’t give up x

Thanks Shayna and HeartMost, i am kinda following your updates, so happy to hear its turning for the better. I am still not out of the woods at 10 months since cold turkey fro. Short term. Sleep all over the place. Usually get 1 to 3 6-ish hr nights a week but sooo broken, still wake up all the time, other nights can be anything from 2 to 5 broken hrs, more than half the nights i still feel so sleep deprived its hard. But also at least no more 0s for some months. Since a few weeks i started doing everything again though, like still will go out and make appointments etc. Thank god for working from home though or i would have a problem.

Please keep sharing your updates! Happy for you and it gives hope. I still feel so damaged with all the freaky sleep.

Heyilona,

You are doing great! Keep on keepin' on. You will get there. Just as Shayna said; we suffered like dogs but hung in there. When I first started my taper, I went months and months with never more than 2 or 3 hours and often zero hours or half an hour. Low and behold the brain heals at it's own pace and here I am getting a little shut eye. Last night was about 6 hours again. I never know what I am going to get.

Shayna, I haven't had an 8 in at least 2 months. Those elusive 8's, which is my baseline. Can't wait until that is every night. So happy your sleep is improving! Truly:)

Thanks girls. Hey Lona my sleep has been really scrappy this week. Lots of wakeups awful. But still better than where I’ve been x hang in there x

Thanku Becks x I haven’t conquered completely, just more accepting of it now x

Yes ducktales it’s important to rest as much as u can, sleep or no sleep. It gives ur mind snd body a chance to rest. 

HeartMost, never know what i will get, that summarises it nicely for me too, except 0s they seem past, last and only one since January was in April. My baseline was around 7, usually no wake ups or at the most 1, seems like a dream now, hard to believe that was every night for 40 yrs.

Shayna, yeah its so not linear, you think you turn a corner and then nope... we have to look over big chuncks of time to see improvement. But sounds like you did improve a lot!

I have kept a sleep log thru this entire ordeal. I wish I could post it so u could see how bad it was for me for so long. It would literally blow ur mind. I have no idea how I survived it

I have kept a sleep log thru this entire ordeal. I wish I could post it so u could see how bad it was for me for so long. It would literally blow ur mind. I have no idea how I survived it

I messaged you a few times back in december, you told me how bad it was, it was real bad. I am too scared to even look at my sleeplog from acute, for me that real bad 0-3 was only 3,5 months with sometimes  broken 4 or 5. I can still have bad nights but thank god also better ones in between. Would be nice if it stops being so broken though. Wishing you a 40+ week soon.