Does anyone listen to sleep meditation while wearing earbuds and then....

[On...]

Fall asleep but the same meditation still playing wakes you back up?

I have done this a few times. OR, it puts me to sleep then I hear the lightest snore from myself and IT wakes me up. I'm like, really?

Maybe I should set a time limit on the audio or something. Also, what is the best device to track my sleep cycles? Thank you!

The FitBit seems to be pretty accurate for sleep tracking. I finally bought one after talking to NG and some others here. Here is what I purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DFCWVZ4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

All smartphones have sleep timers that you can set that will turn off after a preset time. If you are using another device like desktop or laptop PC, there are free timers that you can download for free that will do the same thing. Here is what I use for my desktop PC.

https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-auto-shutdown-review.html

OneLady, I fall asleep every night with earbuds in while listening to a book or meditation or even a Netflix show I am watching.  I leave the earbuds in when I inevitably wake up during the night because frequently I re-listen to something to put me back to sleep.  My motto is 'Whatever It takes' as long as it isn't benzos.  :thumbsup:

OneLady, I fall asleep every night with earbuds in while listening to a book or meditation or even a Netflix show I am watching.  I leave the earbuds in when I inevitably wake up during the night because frequently I re-listen to something to put me back to sleep.  My motto is 'Whatever It takes' as long as it isn't benzos.  :thumbsup:

Nice. 😋

• 2 months later...

Fall asleep but the same meditation still playing wakes you back up?

I have done this a few times. OR, it puts me to sleep then I hear the lightest snore from myself and IT wakes me up. I'm like, really?

Maybe I should set a time limit on the audio or something. Also, what is the best device to track my sleep cycles? Thank you!

I know this is a few months old but I found this track and I've been listening to it for the last year and half. It's one of my favorites:

Even if you can't sleep, it helps you to calm down. There are alot of them but this is one of my favs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[96...]

I use Insight Timer on my phone-no buds-and do guided meditations for about 20 minutes on, Surrender, Acceptance, Panic Attack Rescue…

Saved my sanity last night!

Yes, I have listened to many meditation videos on YouTube: dolphin sounds, white noise, soft music, waterfall sounds, bird sounds and the list goes on.

It does seem to help with falling asleep sometimes, while other times, it doesn't.

I was on vacation a few weeks ago in Florida, and used white noise for 3 or 4 hrs straight to sleep.

Meditation station or Spa Radio on Alexa is pretty good as well.