1 down. 1 to go. Thanks for lending an ear

[Br...]

I never really had an Ambien problem but it was part of my long term daily prescribed doses (with 2 mg xanax/day).  Had a bad overdose type episode back in late Sept and since been tapering.  I started with the Ambien and am quite surprised myself that I have had no cravings and nothing more noticeable than a few sleepless night on night 1-4 post last dose. I don't think about it anymore and don't even consider taking them.  Clearing one obstacle gives you strength to power through your less productive days on other tapers.  With that said, I hope to be back here this year to report good stories on the xanax.  I made some good progress but kinda stuck now at .25 mg/day but happy with the progress and fine to give it some time.  Overall, I've noticed a change in how I respond to not getting things my way or just uncomfortable situations I encounter.  They still suck, but I've found myself reminding myself that others go through this just fine and that generally powers me through to the other side of the thought.  I want to fit like "others" and why I think my method of comparing myself to "normal others" helps.  Thanks again for everyone's feedback.  I have not taken all of the advice personally, but I have certainly appreciated folks putting themselves out there and sharing their experiences.

Congratulations on getting the Ambien out of your life, I’m glad to see you using that as a confidence booster to tackle the next challenge.  :thumbsup: