40 Months and finally healed

[go...]

I just want to give everyone in this community some hope.

Be patient, you will eventually heal. It took me 40 months to feel completely normal again.

Year 1 - I was practically bedridden from brain fog, agoraphobia, anxiety, depersonalization, and extreme fatigue

Year 2 - My physical symptoms lifted, my mental symptoms intensified with irritability and rage.

Year 3 - Some mental sxs lift, irritability, anxiety, brain fog remained though. Started having windows.

By month 30, most of my symptoms had disappeared, and I had some lingering irritability and rage issues and occasional brain fog.

By month 43 I feel 99% - the brain fog disappeared, my depersonalization is gone, my anxiety is back to "normal", my depression has lifted, my face and skin are back to soft and youthful again. I found a job, moved out, dating again, and beginning a new chapter.

Unfortunately, though, my hair never did grow back, I'm guessing it was stress-induced male pattern baldness.

None of the shortcuts I read about helped speed up my recovery at all. Some actually made things worse and set me back - NAD+(via NR by Thorne), Ketamine IV, various vitamins. Play it safe, and let time heal your body, naturally

Please be patient, especially with yourself and the people trying to help you during this time.

I wish you all the absolute best during these trying times.

Wow! What great news and I'm so happy for you!!!

Thanks for sharing your story.  I fully agree that nothing helps this process but time, good nutrition and minimal stress. 

Did you ever experience exercise intolerance and if so when did that go away?

Thanks!!!!

I'm so glad you wrote your story and thank you for mentioning what worked and what didn't, hopefully others will read your words and be able to avoid some of the common traps we sometimes fall into when it comes to quick fixes.

I'm very happy for you and sorry your hair didn't make it but glad you did.  :smitten:

Wow! What great news and I'm so happy for you!!!

Thanks for sharing your story.  I fully agree that nothing helps this process but time, good nutrition and minimal stress. 

Did you ever experience exercise intolerance and if so when did that go away?

Thanks!!!!

Deanna2020 - I did experience extreme fatigue in that first year after hopping off. I was in bed all day, every day. I had no energy. Around 6 months later, I got back my energy, and by the year mark I was out running single every day. Hope that helps! Be patient and kind with yourself.

Pamster - Thanks! I really wish I hadn't tried any of those quick fixes (ketamine & NR). It set me back by another 6 months, my symptoms (anxiety & brain fog) came roaring back.

Kanoba - Thanks! ...and i see what you did there. =)

Congrats!! I’m at 33 months and considering ketamine. What was your symptom baseline when you tried it and what went wrong? I had done it before tapering actually and I’ve tolerated boosters fine during protracted so I’m hopeful I could tolerate a full set of infusions which I’m strongly considering.

Good life This is wonderful to read. I’m sure you will go on to live the best life you can. It’s so nice seeing someone newer has healed. I’ve had much hair loss too. Mine is very thinned out. Maybe our hair will eventually grow back. If not then oh well that’s nothing compared to what we are going through or in your case went through. Hugs

Congrats goodlife01. Thanks for sharing the good news. In your signature, it says intermittent fasting. I am doing IF for some other health reasons, totally unrelated to benzo w/d. Do you still fast? If yes, how frequently and what is your reason for fasting?

• 1 year later...

Great success story. Thank you.

I would appreciate an update. You published this success story when you had 43 months behind you.

Would you still say that you were 100% cured at month 43 ?

• 5 months later...

I really needed to heat this today. I'm so glad you have recovered and this is a story which will gove many hope.

Much love 💕