30 months out and pretty much healed

[be...]

The only thing I really have left are small bout's of depersonalization which I have come to accept.  I have very little anxiety, no real problems with sleep and am able to enjoy my life to the fullest. 

I started feeling a lot better after the first year, although I still went through some pretty bad swings.  I also for the most part stopped drinking a year and half ago.  I have only had 5 drinks since that time.  You should probably hold off on drinking alcohol or smoking weed until you have recovered.   

My advice would be to keep as busy as possible and just know you are going to be OK, it does get better and that what you are going through are normal withdrawal symptoms.  I worked out a lot during that time, a ton of cardio and I kept busy with work.  I even took the California Bar exam 6 months into my withdrawals.  Of course that probably wasn't the smartest move as I had a ton of issues during that time. 

I don't take any meds any longer and am very careful about vitamins or any other substances.  I just eat healthy and exercise with cardio, yoga and weights.  I am very grateful for everything including this community for helping me through some of the most difficult times of my life.  Thank you all. 

Congratulations on your recovery  benzofree4good :hug:

Its so good to here you are enjoying life, I know it will keep getting better.

Magrita  :smitten:

Congratulations on being benzo free for 30 months benzofree4good and thats great news that youu are now doing so well  :thumbsup:

Wishing you continued healing and thank you for sharing your success story.

Debbie x

WOW! I just looked back at your first post and read what you wrote and another post about how you didn't like coming in BB because you were afraid that some scary symptom you would read would manifest itself because you thought about it. I just told my husband that from now on I am only reading the success stories and the supplements sections. Your long history gives me hope that we all heal eventually. And yes, we all want to know: did you pass the bar? Because if you did that 6 months into withdrawal I can certainly finish teaching this semester. (But maybe you're under 30 LOL--I think the "youngsters" heal more quickly.

You deserve a big CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And, as always, thanks for coming back to give us all hope!

Thank you all, I really appreciate it  :)  I didn't pass the bar exam and have not retaken it yet as I wanted to have my cognitive functioning back before I took it again.  I was proud of the fact that I was able to take it during such a difficult time.  I had some really bad moments during the test and while studying for it and almost got back on xanax/klonapin as a result.  The fact that I didn't get back on gave me the strength to hold the course.  Spirit I am in my late 30s, so I didn't heal quickly haha.  I am in a place now though where i feel great, and have for some time.  I am certainly ready to take the bar exam.  Thank you all, some of the people on here really helped me out through some intense moments/days.  Your success stories were the most helpful to me and gave me hope for today.  I am so grateful I found this community.     

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.  I have to tell you all, as hard as this has been, I have gained a great deal of appreciation for everything in my life as a result of it.  :)

• 7 years later...